The German Shepherd Dog is a large to medium size dog breed originated in Germany. They are also known as GSD or Alsatian, which were originally bred for herding sheep. Whereas, with fleeting time everything has changed. The breed today is among the most popular, trusted and loyal breeds. They are part of the search and rescue team, police, military etc. Which is easy for anyone to believe the verge of their popularity. Their intense sense, immense intellect, energy gives protective feeling to the family and country as well. This doesn’t make them dangerous whereas they are one for the perfect companion to hang around and share the space.
GERMAN SHEPHERD PUPPY PRICE IN VISAKHAPATNAM & ALL OVER INDIA –
One can easily purchase German shepherd puppy in the range of Rs.17,000 to Rs.19,000 in Visakhapatnam. It is always suggested to buy these dogs from a well certified and original breeder. Never purchase from mills, animal farms or puppy farms.You can save yourself from negative traits of a dog by choosing the right breeder and right puppy. In order to save your homecoming puppy from unwanted and hereditary diseases, it is strictly advised to check health certificates of puppy parents and the puppy as well.
CONTACT FOR BUYING GERMAN SHEPHERD PUPPY –
- Inbox us on our Facebook page.
- Visit us @ www.marshallspetzone.com.
- Write to us @ [email protected].
- Call or Whatsapp us on 8106360786.
- Live chat with our Customer Service Team 24*7 over our site.
WHY GET A GERMAN SHEPHERD –
|• Pro’s||• Con’s|
|Large & Bouncy||Can Attack Strangers|
|Easy To Train||Strenuous Exercise|
|Loves to Exercise||Heavy Shedding|
BRIEF OVERVIEW ON GERMAN SHEPHERD –
GERMAN SHEPHERD BREED INFORMATION –
|Particulars||GSD Male||GSD Female|
|Life Span||11 to 13 yrs||11 to 13 yrs|
|Height||22 – 26 inches||22 – 24 inches|
|Weight||35 – 40 kg||35 – 40 kg|
|Litter size||6 to 10||6 to 10|
|Breeding||No complication||No complication|
|Living Condition||Apartment friendly||Apartment friendly|
LESS KNOWN FACTS ABOUT GERMAN SHEPHERD –
|3rd most intelligent of all dog breeds|
|2nd most popular in the USA|
|Also known as Alsatians|
|There is an unusual coloring of German Shepherd known as Panda Shepherds.|
|Tail||Bushy, Low set|
|Eyes||Dark almond shape|
|Coat||Double coat and single coat|
|Affinity to water||Low|
|Ear check up||Regular|
- The suggested Shampoos – Biogroom Herbal Groom Conditioning Shampoo, Pet Head De Shed Me Miracle Shampoo, Forbis Long Coat Aloe Dog Shampoo, Isle Of Dogs Lush Coating Shampoo
- The suggested brush- Pawzone Furminator Hair Fall Control De – shedding Tool, Pawzone double – sided pin brush
GERMAN SHEPHERD FOOD –
When it comes to feeding German Shepherds. A pet parent gets dwindled with so many options available in different brands not to forget the commercial alternative as well. I will help you to opt the perfect diet for your GSD’s.
Expert recommends the foods which are
- Balanced supply of nutrients,
- Ensure development and growth,
- Support puppy’s natural defenses,
- Complete diet and
- Branded products
In short wholesome food. Here, I am suggesting you some best food that you can feed your German Shepherd with:-
|Age||Arden Grange||N&D||Royal Canin||Pedigree||Focus|
|Up to 3 months||Weaning puppy||Starter||Maxi starter||Mother & Pup||Starter|
|Up to 15 months||Puppy Junior||Puppy Mini||German Shepherd Junior 12kg||Puppy large breed||Puppy|
|Above 15 months||Adult||Adult||German Shepherd Adult 12kg||Active Adult||Adult|
TREATS FOR YOUR GERMAN SHEPHERD –
There are a variety of treats available online as well as in stores. One should make sure that they are free from preservatives.
- Suggested treats are – Jerhigh, Prama, Pawzone, Chip Chops, Choostix etc.
HEALTH SUPPLEMENTS –
German shepherds are prone to hereditary diseases which are the outcome of irresponsible breeding. Other common health problems are arthritis, hip/elbow dysplasia, and bone diseases.
Here suggesting some health supplements for your German Shepherd –
|Beapher Top10 Tablets||Multi-Vitamin|
|Beapher Kalk Tablets||Calcium For Bones|
|Nutricoat Advance Supplements||Hair Loss|
|Beapher Hd Tablets||Bones|
ALLERGIES IN GERMAN SHEPHERD’s –
There are three leading causes for allergies in German shepherd – food, pollen and flea and tick.
The following are the common symptoms which will help you to identify whether your german shepherd is suffering from any sort of allergies or not.
- Pet biting
- Red rashes
- Rubbing of eyes
- Food allergies –
Common ingredients that cause food allergies are beef, corn, soy, fish, egg, chicken.
Symptoms – itchiness, swelling, hair fall, skin or ear infection.
Though all these can be easily treated by the vet, it is recommended to feed a proper diet to your furry buddy.
- CONTACT ALLERGIES –
These allergies occur when your German shepherd gets in contact with any allergic plants, dust, pollen, grass, wood etc;. It is suggested to take advice from the vet before giving any medications.
- FLEA & TICK ISSUES –
This is also one of the common allergies caused when a flea bites the dog and inserts it’s saliva into the dog’s body. Which mostly suffers the back or tail of the dog.
- Symptoms: – itchiness, hair loss.
- Medication: – Nutricoat advance, Notix shampoo, and powder
- Treatment –
Make sure you carefully observe the dog and also try to remove all the traces of the dog and house as well ie; cleaning. These problems are active during summers only, it is suggested to give your dog extra preventive care.
If you are a German Shepherd owner then you should know that you are having a power packed buddy. And if you are thinking you can keep him inside the apartment the whole day then better to get ready to see torn furniture and other stuff. They are high energy dogs and need lots of exercises. Don’t let your GSD alone or get bored, else it will negatively react.
Basic exercise for your GSD –
- Swimming – It is a wonderful exercise if added to GSD’s schedule. They love to swim.
- Fetch and play – One of the most fun loving games for dogs. This activity will provide good running exercise also.
- Jogging or walking – Both of these will be helpful to your health as well as your GSD. Add up to your daily routine and hit the park every day.
One of the most popular breeds that even a kid can identify. And what makes them famous is their loyalty, intelligence and companionship. They can be trained the way they are expected to behave. Talk about rescue, police, military they are the first option. It is always suggested to train them when they are a puppy and also socialize them in the same stage. First 2-6 months of training might be difficult but once GSD gets adapted to the routine training, it becomes easy.
- Here, suggesting some treats that will be beneficial while training -Jerhigh, Prama, Pawzone, Chip Chops, Choostix etc.
- Some essentials that will be definitely helpful while training a GSD – Beapher puppy trainer (liquid), Pawzone Training Clicker etc,
FAMOUS GERMAN SHEPHERD’S –
- Rin Tin Tin – International star in motion’s picture
- Pascha – Recognized for his work as rescue dog
- Sudbury – Won the Service Dog Of The Year Award
FAMOUS CELEBRITIES & THEIR MORE THAN FAMOUS GERMAN SHEPHERD –
- Ajay Devgan – Koka and Koki
- Enrique Iglesias – Lucas
- Billy Ray Cyrus – Tex
- Jennifer Garner – Calif