Pug needs no introduction. One of the quietest breed of dog who often bark. Known for their clown punched face, which always gives a hilarious expression when seen. If you are going to be the first time dog owner then pug is the best choice. The suitable reason for saying them as first-time dogs are – they are loving, easy to go with children, easy to groom and above all are always ready to give that sparkly smile on your face.
Let’s talk about their unique appearances – short face, large eyes, wrinkled forehead, odd bark, cocked head and above all that innocent look which is irresistible.Though pug falls under the toy breed category but is considered as the largest of the toy breeds.
One can easily purchase pug puppy in between 9,000 to 16,000Rs in India. It is always suggested to buy these dogs from a well certified and original breeder. Never purchase a dog from mills, animal shelters or puppy farms. You can save yourself from negative traits of a dog by choosing the right breeder and right puppy. In order to save your homecoming puppy from unwanted and hereditary diseases, always check health certificates of puppy parents and the puppy as well.
B. ► CONTACT FOR BUYING PUG PUPPY –
Marshalls Pet Zone, Rednam Gardens, Visakhapatnam – 530002, Andhra Pradesh
Visit us @ www.marshallspetzone.com
Write to us @ [email protected]
C.► WHY GET A PUG? -
|Small and sturdy||Snoring|
|Easy to groom||Slow|
|Less exercise||Regular Shedding|
|Less training||Potential Health Problems|
• All breeds available
• Assured ✓ Pure Breed ✓ Quality of the breed.
• Online Order • Home Delivery
► CONTACT NOW ◄
– Call Us Or Whatsapp Us n 8106360786
-Write us on [email protected]
- You can also inbox your query on our Facebook Page
D. ► A BRIEF OVERVIEW ON PUG –
E. ► PUG DOG BREED INFORMATION –
1. FEATURE :-
|Life Span||12 – 15 yrs|
|Height||30 – 32 cm|
|Weight||6 – 8kg|
2. LESS KNOWN FACTS ABOUT PUGS:-
|Temperament||Extremely friendly, cheerful|
|Litter size||2 – 4 puppies|
|Prone to obesity||Yes|
3. DISTINCT TRAITS : – Talking about the distinct features of pugs, the first thing that comes out in expression is their comical face. Which gives a hilarious expression on one’s face. They are best as the first time pet. They are one of the most popular breeds always ready to something unusual in a positive sense.
4. APPEARANCE :-
|Coat||Soft undercoat, coarser top coat|
5. BEHAVIOUR :-
|Affinity to water||Low|
6. FOOD :-
Every dog owner wants to feed their dog with the best available products. But the dilemma begins when they start searching for the complete diet. There are many options available in different brands not to forget the commercial alternatives as well. I will help you to opt the perfect diet for your pug –
Expert recommends the foods which have these basic features –
- Complete diet
- Healthy digestive system
- Balanced supply of nutrients
- Ensure development and growth
- Support puppy’s natural defenses
- Support musculoskeletal structure
- Promotes soft and shiny fur and good skin
Here suggesting you the best food to be given to your dog –
|Age||Arden Grange||N&D||Royal Canin||Pedigree||Focus|
|Up to 3 months||Weaning puppy||Starter||Mini starter||Mother & Pup||Starter|
|Up to 15 mnths||Puppy Junior||Puppy Mini||Pug Junior||Puppy small breed||Puppy|
|Above 15 mnths||Adult||Adult||Pug Adult||Adult small breed||Adult|
7. TREAT YOUR PUG: – The only thing that can make your dog listen to you, get easy to train, acts on your commands are treats. There are a variety of treats available in the market in delicious flavors. But before buying make sure they are free from preservatives.
8. GROOMING :-
|Ear check up||Regular|
- The suggested Shampoos – Biogroom, Forbis
- Bio Clean, Biogroom (Budget Shampoos)
- The suggested brush- plain, bristle brushes with handles.
Note – Since they have short hairs, they do not require everyday brushing
9. HEALTH SUPPLEMENTS :-
It is very easy to spoil your pug by giving them all the freedom, daily treats etc. But this sweetness may result to major health issues. Hence, it is strictly advised to not to fall into the trap and suffer. But if any health issues arise in such cases here I am suggesting some health supplements (must be used as per vet’s prescription) -
Here suggesting you the best health supplements -
|Beapher Top10 Tablets||Multi-Vitamin|
|Beapher Kalk Tablets||Calcium For Bones|
|Nutricoat Advance Supplements||Hair Loss|
10. ALLERGIES IN PUG:-
Pugs are generally allergic to the following -
- Foods like corn, soy, and wheat
- Mold spores, pollens, dander, house dust mites, Cigarette smoke
- Fabrics, perfumes, dust, feathers
- Rubber material
Symptoms of allergies in pug -
- Chronic diarrhea
- Vomiting and sneezing
- Red rashes in armpits
- Skin irritation around eyes and mouth.
- Regularly observe the dog body along with any different activity the dog is showing like sneezing, coughing etc.
- Make sure to clean and disinfect the areas, things that come across with your dog like beds, collars, leashes etc.
- Try washing the affected area of your dog with antibacterial soaps and shampoo.
- A regular visit to the veterinarian is suggested.
11. EXERCISE :-
Like every other dog, pug also needs a quality amount of exercise. This is because pugs are unlike other dogs and are prone to obesity.
Here listing some easy ways to make your dog exercise -
- Walking – The first and foremost activity that every dog loves is walking. Pug is amongst those dogs who loves to go for long walks. Going for a long walk will help them to maintain their muscle tone. Also, it reduces the risk of heart diseases, burns extra calories as well.
- The fetch game – Encourage your dog to involve in the activity of fetching balls and getting it back to you.
- Swimming – Not all but some of the pugs loves swimming. Though the shape of the body is not preferred for the same. But they just love to swim a lot. It is advised to clean them after swimming to make sure chemicals like chlorine are washed away.
12. TRAINING :-
Though pugs are small but they are independent and stubborn too. This makes their training little difficult. Well, anyhow dog training is little difficult as it depends not only on the owner but also on the dog too. Whereas, pugs do not require rigorous training as they are happy to go lucky dog. The basic things to teach them are walking on a leash, potty training, following the basic commands.
The easy ways to train your pug -
- Understand your pug – When he is in the mood to get the training in an easy way. Avoid giving training when he is upset or busy in another thing.
- Set up a schedule – This will help him to understand and get molded in a well-defined routine.
- Pay attention – Don’t leave the dog alone especially while potty training. Always stay next to them and give complete attention so they don’t get annoyed or uninterested.
- Stop when required – Whenever you feel your pet is not interested or getting disinterested during the training session, you must stop the training at that time. A small pat on the back will do wonders.
- Treats – They are always beneficial while training session. Treats motivate them a lot.
Note – Start training your pug when they are a puppy, it will be easy for them to easily grab the new activities.
F.► FAMOUS CELEBRITIES WITH THEIR MORE THAN FAMOUS PUGS:-
- Kareena Kapoor – Leo (Fawn)
- Rob Zombie – Dracula (Black)
- Gerard Butler – Lolita (Fawn Pug)
- Paris Hilton – Mugsy (Fawn)
• About the author -
Ritu Sharma – I am a passionate writer and also a dog lover. I believe in the quote ” Each and every animal on earth have as much right to be here as you and me”. I love to travel, speak and explore the world. I use my passion for writing in the form of blogs to make people aware of pets and their health care.