Make your tail-wagger feel special this festive season. It’s really not fair when it’s only you who devours all the sweets and mouth-watering delicacies. Isn’t your pooch a family member who deserves similar attention and pampering as any other family member deserves? So, here, we shall share with you some of the tastiest, mouth-watering and tempting treats that your dog would love. Read on and experiment!!
1.Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 cups of flour (use cornflour if your pooch is allergic to wheat))
- four tablespoons of rolled oats
- three tablespoons of smooth peanut butter
- two tablespoons of honey
- one tablespoon of fish oil
- one cup of water
- Toss in the flour and oats in a big bowl. Add in half cup of water. Mix it till the flour and oats blend into a whipped (cream like) consistency.
- Now, add peanut butter and fish oil to this mixture. Mix thorough it with a big spoon. Add the remaining half cup of water, honey and fish oil. Work through this mixture with your fingers or a spatula. Make sure that there is a doughy consistency to the mix.
- Further, make small cookie balls with the dough and place them on a microwave friendly plate. The plate must be covered by a butter paper, on top of which the dough balls should be spread!
- Let the oven preheat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Serve once the cookies cool down.
2. Frozen Yogurt Pops
- 5 cups of plain yogurt
- 2 cups of watermelon pieces
- 2 cups of berries (blueberries, raspberries, etc)
- Swish in the yogurt, watermelon pieces, and berries into a bowl and blend it thoroughly.
- Pour this mix into a mold and set it in the refrigerator.
- Freeze overnight. Trust me, your pooch will love you for this marvelous treat.
3. Beef and Vegetable Balls
- 2 cups of minced and cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups of mashed sweet potato
- 1 cup of Cilantro (kothambir)
- 2 tablespoons of fish/ olive oil
- Pressure cook or stir fry the minced chicken breasts in fish oil or olive oil
- Separately boil and cook sweet potatoes. Once cooked and cooled, mash them.
- Mix the minced chicken breasts and sweet potato in a bowl. Blend them thoroughly and add chopped cilantro to this mixture.
- Make small balls out of them and serve it.
4. Chicken and Sweet Potato Treat
- Cooked Chicken
- Half cooked Sweet Potato
- Chopped Cilantro/Kothimbir
- Cut long strips of the cooked chicken, carrot and uncooked sweet potato.
- Tie up the carrot and sweet potato strips with the strips of chicken.
- Sprinkle this treat with cilantro and serve.